Director, Marketing at Versus Systems
Versus seeks a highly-qualified Director of Marketing who will be responsible for creating and implementing our marketing efforts. You will transform Versus’ marketing activities by developing and carrying out a product-centric, data-driven, holistic and digital marketing strategy that generates new business while retaining our existing client base. The Director of Marketing will own the Versus client lifecycle and take responsibility for driving the overall growth strategy of our business. This role is contract-to-hire, and a mix of strategy and "doing", reporting directly to either the CFO or Head of Sales. You'll be a magnificent marketing team of one, in partnership with our BD, Accounts, and Sales team, with the ability to grow your team as we scale. This position is based at Versus headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
We're a fast-growing company. We value collaboration and creativity - every employee contributes to our company culture, product design, and the roadmap of the company.
HOW YOU'LL SPEND YOUR DAY . . .
- Overseeing all day-to-day operational and strategic aspects of our marketing efforts
- Developing, communicating, and executing both near and long-term marketing strategies
- Designing and implementing the marketing budget based upon your determined and justifiable media spend and channel mix
- Leveraging customer insights and analytics to plan and execute paid media strategy to effectively and efficiently drive client acquisition across all channels including social, search, display, digital video, affiliates, and emerging digital channels
- Managing the development and implementation of all acquisition, growth and reacquisition activities
- Measuring KPIs and progress against articulated growth objectives
- Developing reporting for your internal partners (BD, Sales, Accounts)
- Collaborating with the product team to develop product positioning, communications, and messaging
- Establishing consumer feedback loops and translate market intelligence and positioning into aligned product attributes and inputs to inform product strategy and feature prioritization
- Collaborating with the leadership team to define the positioning of our product suite and the company
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- Documented success running marketing campaigns for adtech and/or marketing tech and generating sales leads based upon your marketing strategies through a mix of marketing channels
- Demonstrated analytics acumen and a history of decision-making based upon business metrics. You have successfully defined, tracked, and reported on key metrics that indicate marketing effectiveness
- Evidence of your capacity and commitment to mentorship, training, and coaching - someone who believes in leading through and by example while bringing out the best in their team
- 3+ years experience in marketing Digital Media
- 5+ years experience in planning and implementing marketing strategies across a variety of channels
- Experience in brand relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and leading multifaceted marketing teams at scale across performance, operations, product, digital, analytics, and acquisition/retention.
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- M.B.A. or a Graduate degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- A deep understanding of digital platforms serving the entertainment industry
- Experience with gaming media, sports and/or eSports sponsorships
Versus makes games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Remote work during COVID-19
Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)