Director of Marketing
Director, Marketing Marina del Rey, CA
$80-140k DOE + Equity + Full Benefits
LeaseLock replaces security deposits with insurance.
Introducing the Zero Deposit. Renters pay a low monthly fee starting at $19 that insures the property for up to 6x rent. Renters save thousands of dollars at move-in, while properties convert more leases with better protection.
Our mission is to help the world find “home.” Powered by insurance and technology, we are reinventing the way renters and properties transact—making it faster, simpler, and more cost-effective.
LeaseLock is rapidly growing, already protecting over 1,000,000 apartment homes. LeaseLock is venture-backed by leading financial, insurance, and real estate funds including American Family Ventures, Clocktower Technology Ventures, and 500 Startups.
We’re passionate about our mission and are looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team. If you are smart, dynamic, and energized to join a high-growth startup disrupting the $1 trillion real estate market with an innovative new product—let’s chat!
LeaseLock is currently seeking a Director of Marketing to successfully manage and build our brand through high level marketing strategies that utilize a balance of creativity and business acumen to positively impact LeaseLock’s visibility, reputation, and relevance.
The Director of Marketing must have substantial experience with consumer marketing disciplines for product marketing, digital marketing, regional and country programs, social media, retail and channel marketing, marketing analytics, branding, events and partnerships. The Director of Marketing must be passionate about finding new markets and technologies, as well as connecting with consumers in non-obvious and creative ways. Further, the Director of Marketing must welcome the challenge to build marketing, copyright, and create content at a fast-paced, rapidly growing start-up. As a key member of the LeaseLock management team, this executive will be responsible for the company's core marketing strategy and execution.
• Lead a high performing, highly collaborative team and inspire leaders across multiple disciplines
• Conceptualize and implement business marketing strategy and plans across all of its consumer business
• Develop marketing solutions across all marketing programs, communication channels, and functions
• Identify scaled marketing methods to land key messages.
• Prioritize and manage marketing budgets.
• Develop and cultivate cross-functional relationships with teams across LeaseLock, as well as external partners
• Driving cross-platform and digital marketing campaigns
• Defining pricing strategy
• Bringing insight to grow the LeaseLock client base through expansive customer acquisition strategies
• Copyright and create marketing content for rapidly growing start-up
• 5+ years of Insurance/Tech experience
• BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
• Experience with consumer aesthetic/instinct leading to distinct product positioning
• Knowledge on how to guide a brand's reputation and experience in crisis management
• Experience in building, executing and measuring data-driven marketing programs across online and traditional channels
• Experience in developing lead generation campaigns and native content advertising in the multi-family and/or Insurance/Tech industries
• Proven track record delivering creative, integrated consumer demand and education programs
• Build awareness for the LeaseLock brand through various means, including refining our messaging and positioning for Property Management Companies, driving our communications and media relations efforts, and building scalable marketing and training channels.
• Drive significant increases in demand for LeaseLock by leveraging our existing channels and funnels and building new/emerging channel opportunities
• Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to deliver the broader LeaseLock strategy as it relates to enhancing our business lines, merchandising specific opportunities and building stronger bridges with our strategic partners
• Provide reliable and consistent performance forecasts and spend projections
• Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams spanning marketing, product management and operations
• Experience managing company reputation management
• Previous experience copywriting and creating marketing content for start-up companies
• MBA, Degree in Marketing, or related field
• Experience in high-growth, venture-backed startups
• Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience leading data science and data engineering efforts for your organization with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
• Accelerate your career with high visibility role in a fast-growth startup
• Report directly to C-Level / founding team
• Aggressive performance bonus compensation plan
• Initiatives will have a direct impact on the performance of the company
• Office is located four blocks from the beach in sunny Marina del Rey
• Extra Credit: Food for thought http://bit.ly/11ofvp5