Director of Marketing Production at Crunchyroll (Culver City, CA)
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
About the role
The Director of Marketing Production will oversee the Marketing Production department. This department brings creative visions to life. This includes video, physical marketing assets, books, standees, step and repeats, booth activations, stunts, and everything in between. Anything that can be imagined can be made into a reality. In the Crunchyroll Marketing Department, we have quite the imagination!
Content Production Our Content Production team is responsible for all video, animated, and photography production for our social media, audience development, and community engagement marketing channels. This team deploys globally to bring the fans closer to the magic of anime and engages with fans worldwide in real time.
Integrated Production The Integrated Production team champions many different projects. Whether it’s a booth at an event, a specific activation therein, a hype video, a corporate photo shoot, etc….this team turns ideas into reality.
Post Production Our Post Production unit comprises Post Producers, Music Supervisors, and all necessary Post Production staff to carry media from content capture through post production and delivery.
In the role of Director, Marketing Production, you will report to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations.
We are considering applicants for the location of Los Angeles (Culver City).
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- Have a BA in Film Production or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in Film/TV Production and Post Production
- You have working knowledge of Adobe CC, Avid, and FCP
- You have experience with Office 365, Airtable, and Google Suite
- You have familiarity with Frame.io, Iconik, Sony Ci, MediaSilo, and/or SHIFT
- You're able to handle competing priorities, problem solve, make quick decisions, and take action when challenges arise
- You love to learn and develop
- You take pride in growing and evolving a team
- Anime fandom a bonus!
A day in the life of the Director of Marketing Production:
- Oversee all aspects of content production, integrated production, and post production
- Build a global network of freelancers and vendors that can produce world-class content to be used for marketing purposes
- Partner with our Conceptual team and Strategic teams to ensure creative alignment across activations
- Oversee vendor contracts, relationships, and payments
- Manage development, pre-production, and execution of campaign content plans globally
- Monitor production schedules and ensure delivery of all production assets
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing Operations to achieve departmental goals
About the Team
Marketing Operations is dedicated to scaling up Crunchyroll’s domestic and international marketing presence, elevating the creative processes of the marketing teams, bringing creative visions to life, and being of service to the broader company to provide support and solutions to anyone in need. We are a horizontal support structure, servicing multiple verticals across the company. We embody the collaborative spirit of Crunchyroll and partner with all of our internal and external teams. We embrace the Crunchyroll values and work toward excellence in everything we do. We are lifelong learners, unafraid to make mistakes, and believe that action is always better than inaction. Our job is never done. As we build infrastructure, establish process, and define workflows, we constantly engage with our business partners, seek feedback, look for the inefficiencies, formulate a plan to solve pain points, and implement strategy.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - Culver City, CA
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.