Director of Corporate Communications & Public Relations
Who You Are:
The Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for the communications strategy, development and delivery of a broad range of corporate and marketing communications, thought leadership and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the market, company, products and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media, influencers and internal and external stakeholders.
This position will report to the CMO and be a key leadership position in the Marketing organization. This leader will oversee– public relations, influencer relations, employee engagement and all social marketing for the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Create a communications/public relations strategy that will allow Fair to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with the leadership team as well as staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Manage agency relationships to ensure highest level of thought leadership, performance and results
- Identify key communications trends beneficial to Fair.
- Represent Fair leadership and products to external parties
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Establish development goals, set objectives, establish priorities.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of success at an executive level performance with a fast growth company
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier technology and business reporters and editors.
- Successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program, social engagement to advance Fair’s mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how an integrated brand approach positively impacts the lifecycle and consistency of communications
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching an external agency to act as extended communications team
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff