About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Marketing team is responsible for establishing the Apeel brand on the national and global level. We are seeking a Director of Consumer Marketing who will be responsible for driving the go to market strategy and execution of integrated B2C thought leadership marketing campaigns, owned digital channels, experiential marketing, and influencer engagement initiatives. The Director will also work cross-functionally with Apeel’s Product and Strategy teams to leverage insights and develop high-impact marketing initiatives in the realms of food waste prevention, climate preservation, the future of food, and the power of plant-derived solutions. This is a dynamic role for a leader who understands the nuances of brand and team building.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the brand marketing, community engagement, experiential marketing, and all owned, paid and earned digital media functions to establish and evangelize the Apeel brand on regional, national, and international stages.
- Partner with our internal People & Culture team to ensure the brand and our values are brought to life internally and as part of our employer brand.
- Develop original campaign concepts that will help generate thought-leadership, and creatively stoke consumer demand for Apeel’s food-waste-fighting fruits and vegetables worldwide.
- Work cross-functionally with PR and the Apeel Design team to develop highly integrated experiential and guerilla campaigns to drive national headlines, social media engagement, and consumer/customer/influencer trust, demand, and loyalty.
- Oversee the integrated consumer marketing process for brand campaigns throughout the year – while partnering with other marketing disciplines across shopper marketing and sales enablement to ensure a cohesive brand story.
- Leading the Integrated Agency function across partner agencies.
- Manage the annual brand marketing budget and identify internal and external resources to make campaigns a reality.
- In partnership with the VP of Marketing and design team, refine Apeel’s brand strategy, positioning and visual systems to drive excellence and consistency across all internal/external online/offline touchpoints.
- Work with our strategy lead to measure the impact of consumer marketing campaigns against multi-audience objectives and business goals.
What You Bring
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and brand leadership for new technologies in either food technology, CPG, or purpose-driven industries (as in-house marketing leadership or at an agency).
- Fluency in digital marketing and a proven track-record of leading global integrated marketing campaigns with measurable brand reputation, consumer, talent, and customer acquisition outcomes.
- Extensive experience managing highly complex timelines, budgeting, and production management schedules
- Genuine interest in building and mentoring members of your team and collaborating with colleague’s cross-functionally
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.