About the Director, Consumer Marketing at Headspace:
At Headspace, the Consumer Marketing team is responsible for developing a POV on how and what we say to prospective members to deepen the meaning of our company’s mission and values, educate prospective and current members of our product benefits to increase product adoption and usage, and developing go-to-market plans for new features and content releases. The Director, Consumer Marketing will be responsible for setting the long-term marketing communications strategy and plan; including overseeing the development of message positioning and multi-channel plans.
A successful candidate must have a passion for our mission, product, and technology, with a strategic mind, and recent experience leading a consumer marketing team, preferably at a mobile-app or subscription based company. They will have had a proven track record of cultivating and scaling teams and partnering with product, data science, and content teams on developing and implementing an editorial driven site. They will bring fresh ideas, a strong point of view, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Develop annual marketing plan for core consumer product that will increase subscriber base
- Collaborate with the rest of Marketing Leadership, alongside Product, Content, and Data to develop a holistic growth strategy
- Lead the consumer marketing team, including product marketing and content marketing, to develop go-to-market strategies for upcoming product and content launches
- Lead the development of messaging hierarchy for key audience segments
- Collaborate with PR and Content to develop and manage editorial calendar
- Develop and manage long-term market and consumer research plan
- Ruthlessly prioritize to manage short-term and long-term resources
- Partner with in-house and external resources to develop an on-going measurement and optimization plan for all non-direct response marketing activities
- Mentor and lead a team of 4+ talented product and content marketers
- Manage agency relationships
What you’ve accomplished:
- 10-15 years of marketing experience at a Consumer-facing blue chip company, ideally at a technology company
- 5+ years experience managing a team
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Experience managing creative, media, and research agencies
- Demonstrated ability of developing go-to-market plans for highly visible brands and/or product launches
- Solid business acumen, management, and marketing communication skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers, agency and executive stakeholders
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated track record of building consensus and delivering results
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity
- Excellent relationship building skills and knows how to influence working teams and agencies
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude
- Excellent executive stakeholder management
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.