Director, Communications at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop One, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – so we can leave the world better than we found it. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up, then we encourage you to apply.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Director of Communications will lead both our internal and external communications strategies, partner with our senior leaders to ensure alignment between both internal communications efforts, our company culture and brand. You will play a pivotal role to elevate global brand awareness through various marketing vehicles. Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and Communications, you will be consistently collaborating with our CEO, CTO, and CFO to shape our messaging and executive communications.
If you are an incredible writer, have proven track record of building brand awareness and employee experience to variety of key stakeholders and a diverse audience, you may what we are looking for.
- Shape and write our global messaging for our press team and internal stakeholders through presentations, interviews, speeches, OpEds, and other forms of communications.
- Ensure our outreach to press and media coordinates with border business communications strategies and initiatives.
- Partner with our press team on briefing documents for interviews and create custom messaging for each opportunity. Work with interviewee on delivery with press team.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to establish ideas for content that feed into our global narrative and messaging.
- Formulate core messages and narratives for the company consistently across different social media platforms, including the Virgin Hyperloop blog
- Guide appropriate messaging, style, and context for communications deliverables that support the overall communications strategy, work creatively, adhere to the brand standards, and reflect the needs of our various internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with the C-Suite and other spokespeople at the company to develop their public personas and shape their communications both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with engineering to break down complex concepts into easily understandable content
- Provide editorial management of communications submitted by other teams for internal communications channels when appropriate
- Partner across the organization, aligning key stakeholders on messaging
- Consistently update messaging based on new accomplishments and information.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Communications on messaging for marketing campaigns and internal events including a weekly “All Hands” with the company.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Demonstrated track record of leading internal and external corporate communications. Must have experience writing, editing, and copy-editing in the communications, public relations, or journalism fields with a proven history of successful engagement with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of social media, intranet engagement, and strategic best practices for communications, reader engagement, and user experience.
- Experience working with and writing for senior executives in corporate communications.
- Proven and relevant experience in marketing communications, preferably in a fast-pace, multi-cultural, diverse Tech startup environment with demonstrable results.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience leading Crisis Management communications
- Experience managing marketing, social media, and or communications for a technology driven or startup company
- International PR and Communications experience a big plus
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Our Stock Options: own a piece of the company that you’re helping to build