Director of Brand Creative
Creative Vision, and Strategic Planning:
- Develop brand creative strategy rooted in consumer insights, competitive landscape and market opportunities.
- Set creative vision/tone and develop a comprehensive visual identification system that governs a cohesive look and feel while taking into consideration of nuances across all consumer touch points, including but not limited to print, OOH, broadcast, social media, web/mobile, retail/merchandising, experiential/lifestyle, product (icon, UX/UI), base marketing.
- Provide creative guidance and final approval of all creative assets.
- Lead internal creative team & agency partners in the development of all marketing programs from a holistic 360 perspective across our strategic pillars.
- Be the expert in knowing the elements and assets needed (mood board, comps, visual/audio reference, etc) to articulate and sell creative ideas to gain leadership approval and organizational support .
- Partner with the Brand Strategy team, develop messaging doc and golden files for cross-functional and cross-geo execution.
- Stay immersed with new industry opportunities and innovations and inspire team and cross-functional partners to embrace new solutions as it relates to new marketing opportunities and messaging.
- Research and understand the changing elements within the design, lifestyle and tech industries. Develop projects relating to new ideas, practices, markets, or products.
- Maintain keen awareness of emerging trends in tech, business, consumer behavior, product development, and marketing.
- 15+ years of creative leadership experience on client side with expert knowledge of creative competencies including branding/VID, art direction, copywriting, video/motion graphics, photography, broadcast, social, digital, web, UX/UI, retail/packaging.
- 10+ years of advertising production experience, covering a broad range of work from Print to TV to OOH to Digital.
- Experience managing multi-channel, multi-million dollar brands meeting high volume and timing expectation.
- Understanding and appreciation of the authentic cannabis culture.
- Analytical thinker who can understand consumer behavior and how they interact with marketing/products, and be passionate about maximizing profitability.
- Plan holistically and forward-thinking, yet be nimble and address the needs to change.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to work with and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Supervisory/management experience with ability to lead and mentor others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Global or multicultural experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of success managing partnerships such as agency relationships.
- Experience activating brand partnership and harvesting branded content.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast-paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!