Director, Brand & Communications (Remote - US) at DISQO
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:32 a.m. (PST) on Friday, January 29, 2021
DISQO is a next-generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
We are on a mission to help the world enjoy better products and amazing brand experiences. Every day, we help businesses to tune in with their customers -- and empower the people in our audience to influence the brands they love. We are fundamentally changing the way consumers share information and the ways marketers create insights.
To help tell this story, our Growth Marketing team seeks a creative, savvy, and high- energy marketing communications professional to develop and drive brand activation programs addressing B2B audiences: market researchers, advertising agencies, brands, and media companies. Reporting to our VP of Brand & Communications, this team member will oversee a range of projects in our marketing and PR practices and hold responsibility for bringing DISQO’s brand to life at conferences, meetings, webinars, and other events.
What you will do:
● Develop strategic annual events calendar, budget, and subsidiary tactical plans to meet targeted B2B audiences in person at physical and virtual events.
· Perform research to inform data-driven decision-making about where, when, and how to activate DISQO’s brand at events.
· Develop strategic and detailed tactical plans and communications: themes; campaign messaging (pre, during, post); employee attendee lists w/ roles and responsibilities; support for outreach to targeted individuals (clients/prospects), audiences, success metrics, etc.
● Manage individual events and the annual program to agreed budgets by keeping track of all expenses and managing effective and efficient administration, including invoicing and reporting.
· Ensure appropriate, timely communications to audiences; ensure all involved know the essentials (what, why, when, where, how); liaise with and support executive leadership, Sales, partners, and vendors to ensure smooth, flawless execution.
· Identify and procure needed resources to efficiently and elegantly produce events that are successful brand building and business development exercises.
· Coordinate logistics and on-site arrangements for all meetings and events: negotiate sponsorships, event space contracts, signage and décor, food and beverage, supplies, A/V equipment.
·Manage production: nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, swag, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
·Close out all events financially and track identified marketing outputs and outcomes to demonstrate event ROI.
● Develop and oversee general communications calendar (not product-specific) to ensure DISQO has relevant internal/external communications at moments important to our clients, partners, and people, ranging from Advertising Week and other industry milestone events to cultural moments like International Women’s Day, Black History Month, and year-end holidays/New Years.
● Produce quarterly newsletter with latest news, insights, and events recaps.
● Collaborate with graphic designers to plan, develop, and deliver content and materials for events, meetings, web, email, and print (newsletters, collateral, showcases, presentations, invites, press releases, scripts, and messaging/briefing documents).
● Use marketing automation tools (Pardot, HubSpot, Mailchimp, etc.) to create and send emails and newsletters and to track results.
● Use content management system to make updates to DISQO.com, intranet and other sites.
● Collaborate with PR agency to develop press releases, pitches, messaging and FAQs, executive briefing documents, infographics and more.
● Collaborate with team to ensure DISQO’s communications are fully leveraged across primary social media channels.
● Demonstrate the impact of communications initiatives and make strategic recommendations to increase effectiveness.
What you bring to the table:
●Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business; Master’s degree preferred.
● 4 or more years’ experience in marketing, communications, event planning, or equivalent experience.
● Portfolio depicting events prior managed.
● Portfolio of business communications writing samples (collateral materials, web content, press releases, newsletter, blogs, etc.).
● Experience developing and/or managing budgets.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
● Experience using WordPress or similar website CMS.
● Preferred: experience using Salesforce CRM and marketing automation software (Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, etc.)
● Ability to work independently while nurturing effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, partners, and other influencers.
● Track record demonstrating sound judgement, vigorous attention to details, and excellent organization.
● 3 professional references (on request).
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Read Full Job Description