Digital Media Buying Assistant
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is looking for an Digital Media Buying Assistant to join our expanding marketing team. We are a performance marketing company with a wide range of products and offers. We currently run some of the most popular health and wellness offers in the online space.
The ideal candidate is someone who is results driven, data-minded, detail-oriented, highly organized, a team player and is able to work in a problem-solving environment. Somebody that can execute and track the strategies that are delivered from our marketing team. Our current marketing team includes expert marketers, media buyers, copywriters, graphic designers and programmers. All we need is YOU!
The Assistant Media Buyer will be responsible for working with on-line buying tools, agencies, and sites/publishers to plan, buy and traffic digital media. Individual has the ability to ingest research and data, boil it down to relevant insights, plan the media and then clearly and succinctly communicate the plan to internal executive staff.
Here is what we offer you
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
What Your Day Is Like
- Write headlines and choose photography for ad creative
- Analyze web metrics, provide campaign effectiveness reports, and recommend optimizations to improve media performance
- Participate in development and management of effective integrated media plans and buys under the supervision of the Media Buyer
- Maintain media plans including ad changes, budgeting, execution, reporting, and optimization
- Stay apprised of industry standards and new media programs/opportunities, and advise on new ways to reach targets
- Develop and foster strong relationships with media partners
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Best Candidates Will Have
- 1+ years marketing experience
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs)
- Comfortable with basic image editing using Photoshop
- Experience with digital advertising platforms a plus
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and ability to relate results to company's business objectives, providing a basis for measurement of the digital marketing activities
- Openness and ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly
- Detail oriented and proficient at managing projects and able to organize, prioritize and structure workload
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Passion for the digital media space in health & wellness, personal development, and everything in between preferred
- Creative and artistic sensibilities a plus
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo