Inc. 500 CMO Seeks “Top 10%” Digital Marketing Coordinator to Join Hyper-Growth Food-Tech Company Ranked as One of LA’s “Best Places to Work”
Dear Digital Marketing Coordinator,
If you’re truly passionate about marketing and want to take your knowledge and career to the next level, this will be the most important “job ad” you’ll ever read.
I’m looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator who has experience using content marketing to acquire customers and build a world-class brand. On top of content, you’ll need an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to wear many hats. From building a passionate community around our brand, to diving into marketing automation, you’ll you’ll need to be a high achiever who can learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun, start-up environment.
You'll also work alongside, and be mentored by, marketing professionals who have grown our company into multiple multi-million dollar verticals. The value of this position is not just in the money you'll be paid -- the additional "real" value is in the top-notch education and experience you'll be receiving... and the application of that education to produce real-world business results.
Who am I?
I’m a digital marketer, serial entrepreneur, and combat-decorated U.S. Naval Officer who led a Special Forces fast-boat team in the Iraq War. I’m also the Co-Founder & CMO of SnackNation.
Before I get into the specifics of the role, here’s a little more about us…
More about the role…
1) THIS IS NOT YOUR “TYPICAL” MARKETING GIG.
You’ll get a lot of responsibility right out of the gates, and you'll be required to execute on a proven system of managing, creating, and optimizing content while also diving into our marketing automation. You'll see first-hand how building a business works and you'll be a direct contributor on the team within the first week.
2) MUST BE A HIGH ACHIEVER.
You must be a high-achiever who is constantly striving to step up your game and get better in the field of Marketing. This position is not for someone who wants a "cushy" marketing job. This is a rare opportunity for you to be a part of something bigger than yourself to help build something amazing while helping others with a product (healthier snacks) that truly helps people in the world.
3) WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS.
If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and can learn things quickly, take action, and make things happen - then you'll fit in well here. We find that the most successful individuals in our organization have both their heads and their hearts in the right place.
4) WE’RE FUN AND YOU SHOULD BE, TOO.
The first thing you'll notice about us is our unique culture, super-fun office environment, and positive family spirit. We like to infuse fun in much of what we do…it just makes pursuing your passions that much more…well…fun!
5) HUGE OPPORTUNITY (for the right person).
First, you'll be heading up marketing coordination for our B2C business...what’s that mean? Simply put, you’ll be doing a lot. From managing content creation and building our brand, to helping with automation and paid media, you'll be exposed to what building a business actually looks like and will be an integral part of getting SnackNation in thousands of homes across America.
You'll be exposed to “startup marketing” and will get hands-on experience building a business - a skill that will help you for the rest of your career.
Second, you'll work directly with, and be mentored by, top marketers who have experience making millions of dollars online, working at some of the most successful companies in the world (like Google), and twice received the Top Performing Advertisement Award by LinkedIn.
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. At SnackNation, we care about making a positive impact on the world, starting with our wellness-minded culture and values. And we’re growing! In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing US companies of 2018, and #2 in the Food & Beverage category.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. We even offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. Plus, we've got the accolades to back it up: We’re Great Places To Work Certified and named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
If you're a wellness-loving professional who wants to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of our driven company culture, join us. We promise to help you find your better you, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming CPG space.
Even more about this role…
What You'll Do:
- Content production and management
- Plan and execute a content calendar
- Manage outsourced content creation
- Work with internal brand team to create world-class content for our B2C business
- Own all blog publishing and optimization
- Build and drive engagement in our online communities
- Run giveaways and promotions for our B2C business
- Update marketing automation for monthly email cadences
- Support B2C email marketing initiatives
- Support all B2C business goals (be the go-to problem solver on the team)
Some Preferred “Nice to Haves”:
- Startup marketing experience
- B2C marketing automation experience (we currently use Klaviyo)
- Content promotion experience (social media, display advertising, SEO, etc.)
- Experience with design and an overall “creative” eye
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of marketing experience is preferred. Exceptional candidates with less experience may be considered
- Unwavering commitment to high quality content. You know how to create world-class content - from planning and managing a content calendar, to operating a blog, creating great content is what you do
- Familiar with content marketing and how to use it grow a business. Whether that’s through a blog, YouTube channel, Facebook, Instagram, or anywhere else where you can build a community
- Resourceful with tech: You can figure out how to make systems communicate and play nice with one another
- Incredibly organized and detail oriented
- Amiable personality, you’re fun to work with
- Self-starter who can learn on the fly
- Honest, reliable, and loyal (doing exactly what you say you will)
- You must be a great fit for our team. We're down-to-earth and fun. Integrity and honesty are important character traits that you must have
- You must have a strong work ethic, high degree of initiative, and continual desire to succeed
- Intellectually curious. You love to learn, test & innovate
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions - in order to apply please provide the following:
1) Write a COVER LETTER:
a) Why do you love marketing and specifically, why do you think you're good at it?
b) Give SPECIFIC examples (include urls where appropriate) of past marketing projects you've worked on and what their results were (blog posts, videos, marketing campaigns, etc).
c) Give two examples of great online content you’ve seen from other advertisers & what sets it apart.
d) On a scale from 1-10, how weird are you and why?
2) Submit cover letter and resume according to instructions on page. Applications without a custom cover letter will be disqualified.
If you make it to Round 2, you'll receive explicit instructions on next steps, plus you'll get more detailed information on our company.
That's it! I look forward to seeing your cover letter and resume.
Co-Founder & CMO, SnackNation