Digital Acquisition Marketing Manager (Pet) at Golden Hippo
Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Digital Acquisition Marketing Manager (Pet) who will be responsible for leading a team to be experts in direct response marketing, responsible for managing digital advertising campaigns to acquire new customers, while fostering a collaborative work environment.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Manage and train a team of direct reports in their roles
- Drive initiatives for the department
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to drive KPI’s and streamline workflows
- Identify Revenue and ROI goals based on customer data reports
- Set-up, manage, execute and analyze paid media campaigns and budgets on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep spend optimized for sales growth while hitting strict ROI goals.
- Collaborate with supply chain in order to identify how much inventory is needed for each offer
- Train employees on digital advertising channels, understanding ins & outs of direct response marketing and scaling their own offers
- Develop ad creatives (images and copy) for various products.
- Collaborate with editors, designers, writers and developers to continuously improve sales funnels
- Perform regular tracking and analysis on the performance of each advertising channel and campaign. Prepare and deliver performance reports identifying successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a top-level view of customer experience throughout the sales funnel (including SEO/SEM, customer support, branded site)
- Conduct 1:1 touch base meetings with direct reports
- Implement new split-tests and collaborate across all departments in order to improve new split tests
- Analyze split-test data, spend and revenue data and adjust advertising spend accordingly
- Strive to iterate on and evolve company’s sales funnels to stay a leader in digital Direct to Consumer marketing
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- At least 3 years experience in Acquisition Marketing
- Able to build, develop and lead a team
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of advertising networks and tools
- Advanced analytical skills with digital measurements
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Able to interpret test results to make data-driven decisions
- Exceptional skills with spreadsheets and data crunching
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to increase revenue and grow campaigns
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote