Data Scientist, Marketing
Data Scientist, Marketing
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. Tinder’s Analytics Team is looking for a Data Scientist with an expertise in Marketing Analytics.
Our analytics team takes ownership of the decisions being made from our data – we develop a deep understanding of both the business and its data and establish close working relationships with all teams - including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance – so that we can provide recommendations and make proposals regarding prioritization of initiatives, product launches, A/B tests, and company performance.
As a data scientist in this role, you will be a partner to the Marketing team, providing support for A/B test design and analysis as well as data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards. This role will require extensive experience with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and A/B testing as well as the ability to work in cross-functional teams to drive actionable insights. Experience with user growth and acquisition across consumer products a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Build models to better understand the value and churn behavior of our users
- Find the “story” in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with executive and other internal teams
- Perform ongoing ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend, building reporting infrastructure, and assisting in making budgeting recommendations to optimize growth
- Integrate captured event data with other sources of customer data, such as surveys, ad publishers and app store data
- Support reporting and business intelligence needs of entire Marketing team.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to execute on complex analytics projects where you have to determine salient questions in a complex ecosystem and present action-oriented conclusions
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Scripting skills, preferably in Python. Strong Python/NumPy/PANDAS skills a plus
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location