Creative Director at Output
Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
This new role will oversee all aspects of our internal and externally produced ad creatives. We’re looking for a bold, innovative, results-driven leader to build and grow our in-house creative agency and manage a team of designers, copywriters, producers, freelance animators, video crew and editors, and external agencies. Must have management experience in finding, coaching, and motivating the next gen of creative geniuses.
You should be deeply versed in concepting, storyboarding, and directing on-brand performance advertising (Display, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Reddit, Soundcloud etc.). Nail our distinctive look and feel, incorporate consumer insights, and help us with prioritization and resource planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate quarterly OKRs and create strategic roadmaps to ensure the Creative Team is contributing to our company goals and marketing efforts.
- Oversee the entire internal creative team in producing digital assets for advertising and sometimes growth and content marketing.
- Work hand-in-hand with a creative producer to create processes and infrastructure to maintain a high-performing and happy team.
- Attend weekly meetings with our growth team and paid advertising agencies to receive feedback on the efficacy of creatives and apply learnings to the next round of assets.
- A/B testing, iterating, and refining creatives for performance and deep empathy for our users.
- Set trends in photography, design, and animation. We actively push against the mold of millennial ‘bland’.
- Partner with our VP Marketing & HR to plan the next 6-12 months of hiring needs. Attract, hire, and empower, a team of rockstar permanent and freelance creatives. We are a start up in a rapid growth period.
- 7+ years of experience as a Creative at a top agency, DTC brand, or hypergrowth startup.
- Rockstar portfolio of interesting, visually compelling, delightful work across multiple mediums especially in Display, Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Expert in Adobe Suite and G-Suite.
- Music production knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to pair fresh campaign concepts with a strong design foundation
- Deeply knowledgeable on the best practices of growth marketing channels, digital ad products and incorporating them within our brand.
- Passionate about people, culture, art, and music industry at large.
- You can communicate in the tools of the trade (Photoshop, Sketch, Cinema 4D, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro) etc. even if you don’t need to jump into them yourself.
- You’ve used Slack and other project management tools such as ClickUp, Airtable, Asana, Basecamp to communicate briefs and assign tasks clearly.
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to our office in Los Angeles. Once we are able to return it will be on a voluntary basis. We have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales, and continue to thrive as a team working from home. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts- with access to our music studios (once it is safe to return).