Corporate Communications Manager at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:01 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 26, 2019
As a member of the Communications team, you will lead internal communication efforts for GOAT Group employees. The Corporate Communications Manager will work collaboratively on communications initiatives and projects, create strategic communications campaigns and devise innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with GOAT Group’s culture. You will also write communications, business update presentations and talking points for GOAT Group executives while collaborating with internal partners as needed.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at GOAT Group, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across our executive, brand, content, HR, legal and product teams.
In this role you will:
- Develop, write, and edit communications for senior executives, including emails and presentations
- Generate creative strategies for communicating to employees: plan the frequency of and vehicles for communications; coordinate across different areas of the business and the company
- Collaborate cross-functionally, working across many departments to influence, manage, and drive communications narratives across the internal organization
- Interact with and advise executives; provide guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style
- Manage the end-to-end process for large internal events
- Provide communications and program management support as needed
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience managing communications in the corporate or tech spaces with a focus on writing and strategic communications
- Experience designing presentations, videos, and creative collateral is ideal
- Must be able to work closely with executives to develop their communications, including written materials and speaking engagements, and effectively advise them on strategy
- Willingness to execute and shape the internal communications narrative and effectively communicate via presentations, scripts, or emails without significant editing
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Fact finder who loves to get into the details and deeply understand an issue from all sides
- Superb writing skills; can distill complex ideas into simple, credible narratives
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description