Why work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 4 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
INTO – A digital platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ folks around the globe.
Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking a Copywriter to concept and create content and further evolve the brand through our unique voice. This role works closely with the rest of the Product Marketing team and reports to the Manager of Product. You’ll be partnering with the Content & Product Marketing Manager to expand our social and lifestyle credibility through strategic, innovative, creative and ownable brand engagement on social media, our online content portal and in-app engagements. By creating compelling editorial and video content driven initiatives, you’ll help influence the acquisition and engagement of our customers as well as getting a lot of likes and shares along the way.
- Create awareness of and interaction with the Grindr brand through strategic and engaging content
- Write copy for within the Grindr app and on our app store
- Create and write copy for advertisements purchased by third party brands
- Work with the Grindr product team to develop content strategies that support business initiatives and drive targeted conversion through digital channels
- Work with the Content Manager to align the voice of the brand, strategy, planning, and execution to acquire and re-engage our community across all channels including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube (and future social engagement opportunities as they arise)
- Identify and partner with online creators to produce collaborative content
- Support eCommerce in creating copy for original promotions and events
- Build and maintain content calendars for our online content portal and in-app messaging initiatives
- Assist in the project management of marketing campaigns for Grindr, including major product launches, branding initiatives and promotions
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years of copywriting experience for an agency and/or in-house for a recognized brand
- Experience writing for SEO and social media
- Strong communicator with an irreverent sense of humor and an ability to provoke
- Understanding and experience with creating engaging content that speaks to a global audience
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k) Match
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment