Content Marketing Specialist at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (PST) on Monday, July 6, 2020
Are you an experienced Content Marketing Specialist who has a passion for creating high-quality B2B content? We’re looking for a strategic, creative, analytical marketer who is obsessed with writing and developing content that disrupts thinking, converts audiences, and puts our brand’s best foot forward. If this sounds like you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 14,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
About the Position:
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will be on a team responsible for developing a robust pipeline of content aligned with the buyer’s journey that drives demand for the ChowNow product among restaurants. Your focus will be on the hands-on development of outbound emails, whitepapers, case studies, Facebook and Instagram ads, Google Search ads, webinars, and landing pages, that will generate and nurture leads for Sales.
As the Content Marketing Specialist, you will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters and report to the Senior Growth Marketing Manager; No Direct Reports.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Gain an in-depth understanding of ChowNow’s current content landscape through a comprehensive content training and audit.
- Audit all Sales email templates, and put together a plan for improving conversion rates.
- Demonstrate your grasp of ChowNow’s sales voice by writing 2 new cold outbound emails to prospects.
- Demonstrate familiarity with ChowNow’s B2B growth tool sets including Marketo, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Outreach through a short presentation with your manager.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Work with our other content marketing specialists to prioritize a content production calendar to create high-impact deliverables.
- Vet webinar platforms, and put together a plan for webinar content topics.
- Develop 1 whitepaper, gaining a deep understanding of our content creation process (copywriting, design submission and feedback, gated landing page, and distribution).
- Engage prospects through highly optimized outbound sales emails that result in meetings set on Sales Reps’ calendars.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Publish 2 additional pieces of downloadable content, and deploy them through paid media and email.
- Become a go-to person for new Sales content requests, working with your team to ensure that our internal Sales knowledge base,ChowNow University, is up-to-date.
- Manage engagement with our social media ads to educate prospects and move them down the sales funnel.
- Perform an analysis of ChowNow’s B2B keyword opportunities and write new Google Search ad copy.
- Become an expert in ChowNow’s best practices in reporting and content optimization using Google Analytics for our digital content campaigns.
- Contribute to an increase in Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales by 50%, through outbound email and other content marketing efforts.
You Should Apply If:
- You have demonstrated success in B2B content development and/or copywriting.
- You are an effective communicator to various audiences and have superlative grammar and proofreading skills.
- You are focused on results, are a self-starter, and have used content to motivate audiences along the buyer’s journey.
- You have familiarity with various forms of B2B lead generation tactics and channels including paid media creative, email, etc.
- You are passionate about making a measurable impact on business growth through marketing.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically content deliverable timelines.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description