Content Marketing Manager (LifePlan)
Our growing business unit (LifePlan) is focused on bringing LegalZoom's suite of personal products/services and over 15 years of expertise into the employee benefits space. We're looking for eager, talented and take-charge individuals who can jump right in and help take LifePlan to the next level.
You will be responsible for leading and executing all content and messaging for LifePlan; this includes content strategy, creation/production oversight and writing/editing copy for the entirety of the business unit (sales/marketing, member engagement and product/digital). We are a B2B2C business, so our audiences include both clients and end-consumers. You will take a leadership role on key initiatives like a resource center (developing an editorial calendar, SEO/pillar strategy and sourcing freelance writers), member communications (transactional, lifecycle and marketing emails, SMS, printed collateral) and storytelling/product positioning (sales/marketing efforts). Projects and deliverables will be for both on/offline content.
You will support a variety of functions within LifePlan, so your ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders is critical. You can process complex concepts, develop creative ideas (and defend them) and you are open to feedback and flexible to change direction. You are passionate about creating an excellent customer experience and working in a collaborative manner to do so.
You have exceptional writing and editing skills-not just copy editing, but line editing and developmental editing-as well as strong research and proofreading skills. The ideal candidate has an eye for the visual and multimedia-photography, illustration, graphics, layouts, videos-and an ear for the audible (voice/music).
What you'll do:
- Write/edit copy for the following (including but not limited to): web/product, blog posts/articles, emails, sales collateral (RFPs, pitch decks), marketing materials, video scripts, product descriptions, e-books/guides, event materials, etc.
- Provide clear creative direction and feedback to both LifePlan team members and content contributors
- Manage content production and workflow from inception through completion, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders during the approval process and ensure compliance with legal and branding requirements/standards
- Manage and grow our pool of freelance writers and contributors with appropriate experience and subject matter expertise (incl. oversight of contracts and payments)
- Post and manage content in our CMS (Drupal)
- Perform audits of existing content/copy and make recommendations for improvements and/or new content
- Work with creative and sales team to identify and articulate product/value positioning and storytelling points
- Oversee our style guide, improving it as needed
- Manage content for, and maintain, the LifePlan LinkedIn page
- Improve process for content and copy workflow
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- 5+ years in copywriting, content strategy and/or producer roles with demonstrated growth of responsibility
- Experience with content marketing platforms (Contently) and content management systems (Drupal)
- Demonstrated skill in creative and technical writing/editing, proofreading and following the AP style
- Extensive experience writing copy for web/mobile and knowledge of UX best practices
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and keyword research tools (e.g. Ahrefs, HubSpot, Moz and Google Keyword Planner)
- Extensive experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Proven track record of developing content/copy that drive customer actions
- Expertise in writing brand-consistent content that meets project goals and addresses user needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with smart highly motivated team members
- Can perform in a self-managed environment - must be a proactive self-starter who is not afraid to speak up when direction is needed
- Prior experience working in a highly collaborative/cross-functional team (visual designers, ux designers, product managers, engineers, sales, marketing)
- Exceptional attention to detail balanced by ability to see big picture
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Experience in benefits communications, digital marketing and/or branding
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other email marketing platforms
- Experience in project management
- Familiar with Adobe CS or other creative tools
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Tableau and/or other analytics tools
Portfolio/samples of your work are required.