Content Marketing Assistant
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Content Marketing Assistant. This position will work with digital media producers, copywriters, and outside writers to write, edit, and produce content for blogs, email newsletters, and video. This role will play an instrumental part in creating new content, editing existing content, and distributing it to all relevant parties. This is an entry-level position with room for massive growth and development. Come join us!
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Edit blog posts from third-party contributors. This will include editing for grammar, relevant content, and claims.
- Prepare for video and photo shoots - including managing schedules, preparing ingredient lists, shopping for groceries and/or props, and being on set throughout production.
- Prepare original recipes from start to finish, following instructions.
- Write copy for websites, order pages, or product pages as needed.
- Code email newsletters for sending as needed.
- Update stats and spreadsheets that track internal data and content performance.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 1-2+ years marketing experience (preferred)
- 1-2+ years copywriting experience (email marketing, corporate communications, or technical writing preferred)
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs)
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Openness and ability to learn new concepts and systems quickly
- Exceptional ability to manage time and shift priorities on a dime
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to apply logic and awareness to every task
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Passion for the digital media space in health and wellness, personal development, and everything in between preferred
- BONUS: A passion for cooking and experience in a food prep position with a commercial kitchen, caterer, or restaurant.
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.