Consumer Communications Director
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey's community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
About The Role:
Reporting to the VP of Communications, this role is an integral member of the growing communications team and will be responsible for the development of Honey's consumer communications strategy. The Consumer Communications Director will develop media strategies and manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation and products. This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities across marketing, social media and product development. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media in order to drive broader awareness of Honey.
What You’ll Do:
Develop Communication Strategies & Vision
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic consumer communications plan to advance Honey's mission, broaden awareness of our services and priorities, and increase the visibility of Honey across key stakeholder audiences
- Collaborate and create marketing/public relations strategies that cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including media and influencers
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization
- Work with the leadership and cross-functional teams to recognize communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
Team Development and Management
- Recruit and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the consumer communications strategy across regions
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
- Manage and develop relationships with agencies, business partners and other external constituents
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in a management role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors; successful results achieving high-impact placements with media
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output; extensive writing and editing (externally focused) with a variety of print and online communications media
- Persuasive written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Creative ideas on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists
- A results-oriented self-starter with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Leadership comes naturally to you and you have the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Thrive working with ambiguity and can effectively make decisions and anticipate future needs in an ever-changing environment
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
- Passion for Honey's mission
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.