Communications, Manager / Senior Manager at WELL Health, Inc.
COMMUNICATIONS, SENIOR MANAGER
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
WELLTM Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience.
WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications across healthcare organizations, WELL Health reduces unnecessary provider stress and potential errors, while increasing patient visits and loyalty.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named No.10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
WELL Health is seeking a talented Communications Manager to join our growing team. You will work as a critical part of WELL Health’s Integrated Communications Team to shape, grow and drive WELL Health’s business forward. This role works with stakeholders across the entire company including the Executive Leadership Team, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Data Insights, Population Health and Product, as well as reporters and industry analysts. The Integrated Communications Team is a small, nimble team of player/coaches who elevate WELL Health’s reputation across PESO channels, including:
- Corporate Communications & Reputation
- Executive Communications & Visibility
- Analyst Relations & Stakeholder Engagement
- Product & Innovation Communications
- Employee Engagement & Cultural Communications
- Customer Storytelling
- Social Media & Marketing Content
You are a self-starter and problem-solver and looking for your next role at a fast-paced startup. You are excited about bringing your sound judgement, and strong work ethic to a growing organization.
Integrated Communications Support (Up to 75 percent of your time)
- Handle day-to-day communications needs, support the team/company/executives as needed and stay flexible and nimble as focuses can change quickly, including focusing on:
- Thought Leadership
- Advance WELL Health’s thought leadership strategy by defining thought leadership pillars, working with WELL Health Data Insights to redefine program and white space, help launch ongoing Thought Leadership program and associated strategy and materials (e.g., narrative, messaging, content, graphics, press release, visuals, etc)
- Executive Visibility
- Support development of WELL Health’s executive visibility strategy, unleash leader voices and build spokesperson bench, develop personal leadership narratives, executive visibility content & editorial strategy (e.g., content development, interviews & media preparation, speaking opportunities, bylines, OpEds, podcasts, keynotes, social & video, panels, etc), spokesperson preparation, talking points and media coaching for 1 to 2 key executives
- Corporate Communications
- Support and manage WELL’s Health’s corporate reputation and visibility including managing company announcements, milestones and partnerships; supporting issues & reputation management; submitting for key corporate awards & ranking, managing reporter relationships, support special projects and needs
- Media Outreach
- Storymine and proactively develop angles for earned media outreach, conduct press outreach, forge relationships with digital health press and generate press coverage as a result of proactive outreach
- Monitor news cycles and digital health trends for new opportunities to drive coverage and visibility for WELL Health and manage inbound press inquiries
- Product Communications
- Advance WELL’s product and innovation communications strategy, including product launches, product story pitching, spotlights, updates, product awards & rankings
- Customer Storytelling
- Advance WELL’s customer storytelling including:
- Customer’s stories, supporting the creation of channel customer content (slides, decks, Q&As and more), etc.
- Content Creation
- Develop, write and create content, ranging from presentations to press releases
- Produce highly-technological content that is still compelling, creative and accurate
Analyst Relations Support (Up to 25 percent of your time)
- Work with communications team to support WELL’s industry analyst program including:
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date analysts and stakeholder database
- Support regular analyst engagements, including initial briefings, inquiries, meetings and events; and handle associated prep and materials develop for key executives
- Read analysts’ published research and social media posts, summarize and provide actionable recommendations for engagement and next steps
- Manage the creation of presentations and briefing documents for analyst engagements
- Contribute to marketing/communications strategies based on analyst recommendations and perspectives
- Lead strategy and execution of WELL’s Awards Program for Analyst Awards, including maintaining related entries, trackers and measurement
- 8+ years of experience in communications, social/digital and/or marketing as part of: In-house corporate communications or marketing team, ideally in B2B, SaaS, healthcare, medical device, health tech or digital health organization and/or Communications or marketing agency experience, handling clients in tech, healthcare and/or both
- Has a working knowledge of integrated communications and marketing functions including:
- PR/media relations, integrated product launches, social media (paid and organic)
- Messaging and narratives
- Events, conferences & speakers, associations, trade shows, partnerships
- Strategy & Planning
- Reputation, Issues & Crisis Comms
- Naturally curious, and able to operate in a constantly changing business environments
- A willingness to show your expertise and leadership through action and passion - not afraid to get your hands dirty, play as a team and coach others to do what’s best for the company
- Able to advance projects without all the information and gather the information you need, in a remote environment, with multiple, occupied stakeholders
- Mission-driven: passionate about healthcare and improving patients’ lives through technology
- Startup experience, specifically at a B2B Saas organization
- Experience in digital content including website creation, digital marketing, paid advertising, etc.
- Experience leading or supporting AR strategy
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA with additional offices in Los Angeles and Boston. This role is open to those that are seeking a permanently remote position, it is a plus of you are located in Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, or Boston.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram profile to hear from our employees about working at WELL.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind