Channel Growth Strategist at Ranker
Ranker is looking for a Channel Growth Strategist to be the voice of our various video channels on social, and to partner with us on the day-to-day social media, audience development and guerrilla marketing initiatives of our brands.
In this role, you will ensure that the quality, tone, messaging, and copy are consistently represented as a unique, authoritative brand to each of its individual and respective audiences. You will consistently create new opportunities for engagement on various social channels and have a passion for innovation in the digital media space. This person will report to Video but work cross-functionally with team members in Content, Publication Operations, Marketing and Community to organically grow our various video channels through socially based marketing methods such as managing relationships with blogs, sites, podcasts and influencers, designed to engage with each of our audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a big proponent of both social and digital media and is comfortable wearing a variety of hats and working in a fast moving and evolving environment. You will be expected to act as the social media gatekeeper, ensuring that all content published on our channels is up to brand standards and industry best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Lead community management across our social platforms, especially on Facebook and Twitter
- Give our various video channels a voice/POV/personality
- Write engaging, precise copy
- Create and help the team manage and follow an editorial calendar
- Develop, create and upload original content for social media platforms, inclusive of trending topics
- Create and manage relationships with blogs, sites, podcasts, influencers for relevant media placement
- Create new and innovative opportunities for engagement on social channels
- Personality-based content posting management that will create marketing opportunities
- Create derivative cuts for social channels - Twitter, IG, Tik Tok, etc.
- Help scale the operations and impact of our video focused social media accounts across all platforms and verticals
- Develop strategies for growing our social communities and increasing engagement within those communities as they grow
- Proactively listen to and engage in social media conversations, identifying audience asks and turning them in to potential creative
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in social media/community manager/channel strategy
- Strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and a passion for Facebook and YouTube especially
- Capable of and eager to learn quickly, diving into new industries, trends, and concepts with ease
- Strong understanding of the components of compelling, unique communications.
- A high degree of comfort acting as the social media spokesperson when responding to public comments
- Self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive
- You must be highly detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as fantastic grammar and command of the English language
- You consistently stay up-to-date on emerging social media trends and platforms and can make recommendations on whether or not to apply those changes and/or optimize
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Ranker is the definitive site for voteable content on just about everything… from The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch to The Social Issues You Care About Most. With half of our 50M UV’s coming from search and half from social, we have a deeply engaged audience, voting 21x and spending 5.5 minutes per visit. That’s more than E!, Vox and R29 combined.
Ranker sits at the intersection of passion and curiosity with rankings on nearly any topic from film to food. By voting on different list items, fans influence rankings on topics like “The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch” or “The Best Quarterback of All Time.” We also provide in-depth reporting on history, crime, and mysteries, broken up into easily digestible chunks that tell a cohesive story. Ranker is often a source for journalists, whether it is quoting a #1 ranking or reporting on a true crime story.