Brand Manager at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Brand Manager who will be responsible for growing, developing, and leading one of Golden Hippo’s product brands. The Brand Manager will manage both revenue and cost elements as well as oversee the brand’s marketing, sales functions, and the day-to-day operations of the business.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Develop and execute overall business plan and strategy for the brand; set high-level business priorities & goals to drive brand performance
- Grow and increase sales by leading the creation and optimization of new customer acquisition campaigns for the brand at target ad spend & ROI
- Lead the process of maintaining, optimizing, and revitalizing existing offers for the brand
- Hire as needed to develop a high-performing dedicated brand team
- Lead efforts to increase customer lifetime value via email sales, SMS, subscriptions, and other post-purchase channels as appropriate
- Drive the innovation process of new products for the brand; ensure consistent & efficient pipeline of high-potential new products
- Explore, test, and evaluate worthy non-internet channels (ex. TV, print, radio, retail, etc.)
- Oversee branded website performance, development, and optimization
- Manage branding across all assets to ensure a cohesive user experience at branded touchpoints
- Ensure effectiveness of all external partnerships, resources, & agencies (i.e. PR, affiliates, etc.)
- Responsible and held accountable for revenue, operating costs & overall profitability of the brand
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of brand management experience required
- Previous experience working with beauty and/or health and wellness/dietary supplements
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience in a role directly accountable for high-level economic metrics
- People management experience required
- Experience with OR ability to quickly learn fundamentals of performance media buying, copywriting, inventory management, product development, & other key functions as needed
- A strong sense of creativity and understanding of the creative process
- Project management capabilities. The ability to manage complex project work streams across multiple dimensions, with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter, problem solver with strong ability to work independently
- Experience and knowledge in how to run multiple (100’s) of split tests across a variety of mediums
- Be able to identify good design for website, packaging, etc.; ability to articulate what the brand image should be or already is
- Knowledge and understanding the fundamentals of direct response marketing
- Exceptional people management skills including hiring, training, delegation, and performance management
- Able and willing to learn with a can-do attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA