Brand Manager, Motown
In this position, the successful candidate is a highly motivated leader who will ensure strategic and creative goals surrounding all projects are optimized and achieved. The Brand Manager will use her/his knowledge and deep understanding of the industry and network, to promote project success. Networking, building relationships with key industry contacts, and love for music/film/TV, are essential in this role.
- Work with senior management on refining and executing long and short-term UMG strategies to connect consumers with content in the areas of production, marketing, promotion, brands and merchandising
- Advocate overall strategy and deliverables externally with partners and internally within UMG
- Primary focus of the position will be to create marketing moments and tools to drive consumption on streaming services. The candidate will analyze the artists streaming base, sales and consumption history, available content, and ongoing touring activities to build marketing plans around their catalogue.
- Manage, organize and track the life-cycle of projects with key content and distribution partners
- Manage day-to-day tasks, identify potential challenges and ensure on-time project deliverables
- Report overall project status internally, and document key meetings and decisions
- Partner with UMG cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Be the primary point of contact for communicating status to business partners and internal teams
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure that projects are meeting expected outcomes
- Develop presentations and planning decks in support of projects and, track and report on all deliverables
- Utilize a strong understanding of the media landscape to advise on project deliverables
- Foster and maintain a proactive project management relationship with partners
- Experience with content marketing and social influencers is key.
- Create 'Always On' marketing moments to increase streams for key tracks and playlists. Innovate and help push the consumer transition to streaming for deep catalogue tracks.
- Ensure projects are cleared with Business Affairs, Publishing and Licensing departments.
- Work with Art and Production to decide on project imaging, packaging, design concepts, routing and securing artist approvals in a traditional Product Manager role.
- Work with the Publicity department to finalize announcement strategies, and ensure these are executed on a global level on all UMG and the artist's properties.
- Develop marketing tools tailored to each project. Create pre-roll trailers, TV spots, ads, posters, banners, photos, etc. and deliver to deadline for each affiliate.
- Facilitate digital marketing campaigns on a global level on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other social media outlets.
- Report progress to senior management, identifying and flagging any challenges.
- Coordinate promotional events and grassroots efforts.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels in the business
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while creating and building structure
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment where music is a central element
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite,
- Proven experience in project management within the entertainment industry
- Prior experience overseeing the commercial success of high-profile projects
- Proven ability to partner with senior management to track and communicate deadlines and deliverables
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships across different groups
- Proven project management experience and team leadership
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, film and television, or other related area
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.