Audience Development Coordinator at Ranker
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:36 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, July 29, 2020
We are currently looking for an Audience Development Coordinator to join our Social Media team. The Audience Development Coordinator will be responsible for helping employ engagement strategy across our verticals and will be constantly thinking about how to get people talking, how to make content go viral, how to create images that are highly shareable and spark conversation. The Audience Development Coordinator will also be paying attention to what's trending online and helping to the team develop engagement strategies focused on these specific topics in real time.
This is definitely not your everyday social media position. This is a hands-on, in the trenches role. It’s Facebook-focused and data-driven, and you’ll learn a lot about how to manage a community of nearly 40 million social followers across our brands. Because we’re so data-oriented, our strategies tend to be on the industry’s bleeding edge. We have several powerful tools and systems that make the social process way more efficient, scalable, and iterative.
Some examples of the Social Media verticals we create are Weird History, Total Nerd and Graveyard Shift.
Who we believe will do great in this role:
Our successful hires hit the ground running, can adapt to change quickly, and advocate for new strategies that actually move the bar. You also need to be extremely well-versed in pop / internet-culture, and mega bonus points if you have a witty/smart sense of humor.
What you’ll need:
- Social media experience is preferred, but applicants looking to break into the field will be considered
- A basic understanding of Photoshop and other design tools.
- A deep understand and passion for pop culture, and all things ‘internet’ and ‘social’
- You are an active participant across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Reddit.
- You know how to engage an audience. Do you have your own web series or blog? We like that. Do you have a ton of Twitter followers? We like that too (but it's not necessary!)
- You have viral intuition. Do you ever see something on Reddit and think, “Hmm. That looks like something else I’ve seen before.” Great impulse. We do that hourly.
What’s in it for you:
- Have the chance to express your creativity in front of a very large audience in a company that really lets you run with your ideas
- Fully-paid medical, plus voluntary dental and vision plans.
- Paid holidays, plus additional days of paid time off per year.
- Work from home (for the time being due to COVID)
Read Full Job Description