Associate VP, Communications at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:15 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, November 30, 2019
GOAT Group is seeking an Associate Vice President of Communications to lead the strategic planning, ongoing development, and implementation of all internal and external communication efforts. You will create GOAT’s global communications plan with the goal of increasing awareness of our brands and maintaining our status as a market leader. In this role, you will also elevate the profile of the company and its executives via thought-leadership opportunities that enhance the visibility of our mission and core values.
The ideal candidate is a highly strategic, quick-thinker who is experienced in building and managing a global communications team in the tech, fashion, e-commerce and/or consumer products spaces.
In this role you will:
- Partner cross-functionally with leadership to identify and hone our positioning and messaging
- Develop and implement a proactive media plan to support business goals and marketing efforts
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage high-level media relationships to ensure coverage surrounding key initiatives including product announcements, corporate development, brand events, international expansion and more
- Develop and manage the execution of targeted public relations campaigns to generate coverage for GOAT in top tier outlets covering business, tech and fashion
- Act as corporate spokesperson responsible for protecting and advancing the identity, integrity and reputation of the organization
- Work with the People team to oversee an internal communications plan that communicates the company mission and values to a rapidly growing workforce
- Oversee the development of GOAT Group’s social impact strategy, including initiatives that make a difference in the communities of both our employees and our customers
- Serve as communications coach to the leadership team, preparing key members for media, public speaking and other external opportunities
- Track and measure results of media coverage, delivering comprehensive reports monthly, including impression numbers when applicable
- Day to day management of the Communications team, including budgeting, planning, resourcing and team development
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations and Media Relations
- 2-3 years experience managing Communications or Public Relations departments, ideally in a technology, e-commerce or fashion space
- Ability to provide Public Relations a vision that is aligned with the corporate vision, focused and with a clear line of sight between the area’s objectives and the corporate objectives and a vision that is compelling and creates a sense of ownership and urgency
- Ability to continually and effectively prepare the organization for the future while maintaining current success and motivation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Google suite
- Extensive knowledge of the sneaker market including ancillary verticals such as pop-culture, sports, fashion and music is a plus
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description