Associate Director of Performance Marketing at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:12 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 24, 2020
An instrumental part of GOAT Group, the Marketing team oversees a wide range of activities, which aim to build awareness, consideration and loyalty for our brands. As a member of this team, you will work to execute thoughtful, data-driven marketing campaigns that drive meaningful growth for the company.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Performance Marketing to help grow GOAT Group’s user base through acquisition and retention from various marketing channels. As a member of the growth team, the ideal candidate will be highly data-driven, process-driven, and have proven expertise in growth through performance marketing. Within the GOAT Group brands you will be responsible for the overall performance marketing strategy for our three brands: GOAT, Flight Club, and alias.
As a marketplace, the core priority of the role is to grow buyers and sellers through meticulous management of the performance marketing budget. You will be collaborating across the Growth team (CRM, SEO, Media, Growth Analytics), Product and Finance to understand the economics of our business and how to build sustainable growth strategies through paid and organic marketing.
Your core advertising strategies will be app marketing through paid social and web marketing through paid search. True to the nature of Growth, you will be expected to continually strategize and test new ideas and concepts.
The ideal candidate will have a solid economics/financial background as the core of the role will be the management of a large budget while optimizing the performance of our advertising channels. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. GOAT Group has grown tremendously year-over-year and we expect someone who is able to keep up and transcend with us.
In this role you will
- Strategize, manage, and optimize our performance marketing channels (Tik Tok, Apple, Instagram, Snapchat, Google, Youtube, and more) to increase performance across acquisition and retention.
- Lead and mentor the Performance team and Performance Roadmap to achieve our growth goals and KPIs.
- Work closely with Finance to manage the performance marketing budget, set forecasts, and expectations for sustainable growth.
- Conceptualize and manage our sprints and quarterly roadmaps through our project management platform, Asana.
- Develop an AB testing framework and feedback loop for the brand team to continuously iterate on our paid social copy + creative efforts.
- Manage our existing affiliate programs and partnerships while scoping new opportunities that align with our brands.
- Collaborate with our international stakeholders to plan and execute growth strategies for global markets.
- Run brand lift studies and provide actionable insights for the greater marketing team on the efforts of our brand marketing.
- Partner with Growth Analytics to fully understand the customer journey and create strategies to improve customer lifetime value.
- Continually iterate on our attribution modeling to understand how our marketing efforts are driving customer growth and retention.
- Closely monitor, measure, and report on campaign performance, budgeting, and conduct ad hoc analyses.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, economics, finance, or equivalent hands-on experience considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant fields (growth, performance, and/or digital marketing, finance, economics).
- Exceptional excel and critical thinking skills - must be able to interpret raw data into meaningful insights and KPIs.
- Mastery of the economics of performance marketing.
- Exceptional project management experience; agile marketing is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively with stakeholders.
- E-commerce, marketplace, or online retail experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL a plus.
- We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description