Ad Operations Specialist at GumGum
Our Advertising Operations team is responsible for managing, optimizing and analyzing every single ad that’s trafficked across our platform. They coordinate with account managers and engineers on a daily basis to ensure our systems are constantly improving. Through strong analytical skills and creativity, and by leveraging our technology partnerships, our Ad Ops team solves a wide range of problems.
The Advertising Operations Specialist is part of GumGum’s AdOps team. The AdOps Specialist will focus their attention on a number of strategic ongoing relationships. The AdOps specialist will also coordinate the development of improvements to existing systems in conjunction with the Account Management and Engineering teams.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Campaign Management
- QA, Monitor and Optimize campaigns to ensure the highest possible metrics while pacing campaigns accordingly.
- Consult with the other team members to ensure the success of all campaigns and the satisfaction of the client.
- Provide end of campaign reports to Accounting and performance metric reports for Upper Management on the success of campaigns.
- Effectively use a variety of tracking/monitoring tools to ensure campaign brand safety and success
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Work with Engineering teams to create, flesh out and test new and existing product developments.
- Work closely with Presales teams to formulate media plans and campaign strategies
- Collaborate across multiple departments to analyze insights data and provide deliverables pre/mid/post-campaign
- Troubleshoot discrepancies, technical issues, and participate in a variety of testing to find solutions
- Analytics and Efficiencies
- Analyze data across campaigns to determine best practices and disseminate this information to the rest of the Operations teams.
- Search for both at a micro and macro level to identify issues or capitalize on trends
- Work across campaigns and teams to develop efficiencies and new processes
- Demonstrated interest in Digital Advertising (Certificate, degree or similar)
- Experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with optimizing and pacing campaigns.
- Experience with various 3rd party rich media advertisers and ad serving systems
- Experience operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Proficient at spreadsheet manipulation
- Ability to think strategically, create a plan and execute on all phases while practicing excellent time management and working in a self-directed fashion
- High energy level and enthusiasm for digital technology
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)