MARKET MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave & shower products, oral care, and hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a collaborative innovator, that prefers to work with a team, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
This individual will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches in all new international markets. They will be a doer, primarily, while also being a significant contributor in the development of the strategy.
- Maintain and optimize the existing framework for assessment of and comparison between potential international markets for expansion
- Lead a cross-functional team of experts to provide relevant insights that will help inform landscape assessments
- Responsible for completing the landscape assessment for each new market. Assessments will include 5yr revenue forecasts and operating expenses based on clear assumptions, with sensitivities to upside opportunity and downside risk.
- Contribute during the development of the proposed market entry strategy
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to direct manager on the company’s international strategy
Business Intelligence - US:
- Review and monitor market conditions, competitive activity and the impact it is having on DSC’s US business performance
- Collaborate with strategic analytics team to maintain and update existing dashboards, as needed
Business Intelligence - International:
- Identify the sources for category data in each international market
- Collaborate with strategic analytics team to create the dashboards needed for monitoring the market dynamics and tracking business performance
- Provide documents, access and training on relevant platforms to the Country Mgr or GM during the launch into that market
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business Management or International Business Management
- 4-6yrs of professional experience in global analytical or strategic role with demonstrated business results
- Solid experience within a team that supported the development of strategies related to international expansion will be expected
- Prior experience working in a high-growth or start-up technology company, preferred
- Global consultant experience a plus
- Clear, structured,analytical and strategic thinker, who is hypothesis and issue-driven
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and proficiency in forecasting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated aptitude for consumer-centric, strategic thinking
- Proven cross-functional leadership with business development and operational experience at start-ups or large consumer e-commerce/technology companies
- Proven track record of developing, launching and managing online business endeavors in key markets
- Extensive knowledge of online business models, specifically online retail.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written), including strong ability to synthesize disparate and complex inputs into clear and concise conclusions and recommendations
- Must have a strong preference for a collaborative workplace
- Strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club