Manager of Software Release
The Manager of Software Release will be part of the Software Engineering function. This team acts to coordinate the release of embedded and off-board software in conjunction with the various teams, and reports on progress against the deliverables.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Lead the creation of software release processes, linking to appropriate data sources.
- Co-ordinate the fixed versions for software releases across the global infrastructure.
- Focused on maintaining dependencies across complex software components.
- Working with software development, verification and certification teams.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team project and product engineers.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Experience managing teams to oversee software developments.
- Previous user of JIRA and able to set configurations and work processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience and success as a software project or product manager.
- Solid industry experience with software related products.
- Experience project managing hardware and software integrations.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in relevant field.
- Certified agile coach, scrum master, or similar.
- Certified project management professional, or similar
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.