Manager, Finance and Business Operations
Named as one of Los Angeles Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2017, Prodege, LLC operates multiple online brands that deliver content and rewards to more than 40 million members. Prodege’s flagship product Swagbucks is the web’s most popular rewards program offering users free gift cards for their everyday activities and purchases online. Prodege also operates the shopping rewards program MyPoints and ShopAtHome.com, gift card destination MyGiftCardsPlus and market research firm ProdegeMR. With 200 employees, Prodege drives millions in gross merchant sales for top retail brands like Amazon and Walmart. In total, Prodege’s network of sites have paid out more than $400 million in gift cards to consumers.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Finance and Business Operations to partner with our internal teams to manage and drive growth of the business. This position will work closely with all levels of management and across multiple brands to analyze performance and present clear and executable solutions focused on profitable growth. This role must be able to evaluate trends and identify opportunities and provide value with recommendations and analyses.
- Consult with business leaders to define financial reporting/analysis needs, gather data, conduct research and analysis, prepare reports and present results to executive/management team.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process; collaborate with business leaders to build and monitor department budgets.
- Prepare detailed forecasts for revenue and operating expenses and analyze financial, operational variances, and historical trends.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet and Cash Flow projections and the three -year P&L used for valuation.
- Analyze financial key metrics and provide monthly and quarterly variance explanations of performance projections against budget and forecasts.
- Evaluate possible acquisition candidates.
- Ad-hoc projects (including preparation of quarterly board meeting presentations and offsite presentations).
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a business analytics/operational finance role.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – building complex financial models, working efficiently with large data sets, and preparing presentations.
- Sound business judgment and ability to synthesize, analyze, and extract implications from data.
- Ability to problem-solve creatively.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of Hyperion to manage daily operations, collect and analyze data, and prepare complex plans and forecasts.
- System implementation experience. Netsuite preferred.
• Los Angeles Business Journal – Best Places to Work, August 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2017
• The 2016 & 2017 Career Launching Companies, Wealthfront
• Inc 500 – Fastest Growing Private Companies
• Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500
• Los Angeles Business Journal – Fastest Growing Companies
• Los Angeles Business Journal– Best Places to Work
• President Josef Gorowitz -- Ernst & Young 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year: Los Angeles, Advertising Category
• President Josef Gorowitz -- SoCal Tech Top 50 Executives Award 2013
• CEO Chuck Davis – Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA) Hall of Fame Honoree
• CFO Brad Kates -- Los Angeles Business Journal: 2014 CFO of the Year, Winner
• CTO Shane O’Neill -- Los Angeles Business Journal: 2014 CIO of the Year, Finalist