Manager of Data Warehouses
The Manager of Data Warehouses will be part of the Offboard (cloud) Software Team, within the Software Engineering Division. The team works with other teams to develop the data warehouses that will allow for reporting from all of the Hyperloop One systems.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the databases that allow for reporting of any and all Hyperloop One systems.
- Integrate hyperloop databases to supply the proper amount of data to the correct users.
- Work closely with the Machine Intelligence team to ensure that the proper data is recorded in the proper manner.
- Work with Dev-Ops to monitor data warehouses for uptime and reliability.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of design documents for data warehouse systems.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of database admins and engineers.
- Promote good software security practices at every stage of development.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with modern, cloud based, data warehouses such as Hadoop or RDS.
- AWS and other cloud experience.
- Experience in a management role and technical project management.
- Understanding of software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Proven experience in data warehouse design and maintenance.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with safety related or safety critical systems.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Expert in data migration, storage, and management.
- Successfully delivered and maintained data warehouses for a major cloud service with a large number of end users.
- Extreme passion for data integrity.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.