Providing critical support and guidance company-wide, our Legal team has a tangible impact on the entire company's business operations and strategic initiatives. The team values integrity and takes every opportunity to advise and advocate effectively on behalf of GOAT Group and its business goals. As a member of our team, you will work with others who are collaborative, handle a high volume of projects and thrive in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
Reporting into the Director, Legal & Corporate Affairs, the Senior Employment Counsel will be responsible for all employment-related legal matters.
In this role you will:
- Provide sound advice and counsel on a broad range of employment matters on a domestic and global scale
- Strategic employment litigation management, prevention, and mitigation
- Draft a wide range of employment-related documents (e.g., employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, offer letters, etc.)
- Provide critical support to the People team in the development and implementation of employment policies and best practices
- Support the Security team on any internal investigations
- Partner with internal stakeholders on cross-functional projects with employment law impact
- Provide training on key employment law issues
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team on employment issues
- Keep informed of employment laws and regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Research, develop and implement employment law related compliance procedures and best practices domestically and globally
- Closely participate in annual and multi-year strategic planning activities
We are looking for:
- JD from an accredited law school
- Member of the State Bar of CA and in good standing
- 6+ years of employment law experience at a law firm and in-house legal department practicing CA and federal employment law, including employment counseling and litigation experience
- Curiosity about the business generally and a willingness to address a variety of employment matters
- Self-assured negotiator and advocate of the company and its values
- Multi-state employment law experience is beneficial (specifically CA, NY, NJ and/or FL)
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and integrity with the ability to maintain privileged and confidential information
- Excellent critical thinking, writing, and oral communication skills
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description