Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA
About the role and about You:
We are seeking a Senior Counsel, Product here on the Zwift Legal team who will be reporting to the Senior Counsel, Corporate, and working closely with our Product team. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment and continuously looking to proactively make improvements to build a world-class legal department.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, vendor agreements, and NDAs
- Provide risk assessments for Zwift software products and game features
- Draft and update internal and external policy documents, including terms of services, end user license agreements, privacy policies, and service change notifications
- Provide strategic and practical advice to Zwift’s Product team on a full range of legal issues, including media content, marketing, publishing, intellectual property, and data privacy, communicating legal guidance that non-lawyers can use
- Ensure conformity with Zwift’s business needs, policies and risk tolerance
- Other duties and special projects as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Admitted to practice law in California or admission to another state bar and willingness and qualifications to be “Registered In-House Counsel”
- 3+ years of combined law firm and in-house experience
- Product counseling experience, preferably in the video game industry
- Detail-oriented and be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Strategic and creative thinking, exercising practical business judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization on a full range of issues, including legal requirements, policies, and strategies
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively independently and with others
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.