Senior Corporate Counsel
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers, and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing, and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
We are looking for a brilliant, experienced attorney to join our rapidly-growing in-house legal team. As a Senior Corporate Counsel, you will handle commercial transactions for a fast-paced, growing business, help build out Factual’s in-house legal team, and mentor and manage junior attorneys. You should be comfortable working with cross-functional sales teams and have the ability to manage a wide range of projects. Our environment fosters out of the box thinking and you are sure to be intellectually challenged every day.
- Taking a leadership role in managing and building out our legal team and partnering with sales teams.
- Developing a legal program for sales team trainings.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on a variety of complex transactions (both inbound and outbound) including licensing of data, SDKs, client-side software, and SaaS services.
- Identifying legal and regulatory issues in product initiatives and customer agreements, including privacy and data security issues, and working with the appropriate resources to create solutions and minimize risk.
- Taking charge of the process of tracking and managing existing contract expirations, renewals, non-renewals, extensions, and amendments.
- Engaging strategically in risk assessment and mitigation and developing innovative approaches to legal issues in support of business objectives.
- Providing practical, creative legal advice in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Working closely with the teams charged with generating business and proactively establishing relationships with other departments including Marketing, Finance, Product, and Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in commercial transactions, preferably in the advertising technology space
- In-house experience working with sales teams required
- Adtech experience strongly preferred
- Active bar admission