Senior Commercial Counsel (Sales) at ServiceTitan (Remote)
At ServiceTitan, we are on a mission to be the Operating System of the Trades. ServiceTitan is looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to help enable the company to grow rapidly and lean into risk. This position will report to the company's Associate General Counsel and be part of a growing Global Legal Team. This position will have a front-line role, partnering with our outstanding Sales team to negotiate and close sales contracts with our largest customers.
The Senior Commercial Counsel will work closely with our Legal Team, commercial executives, and various department leaders on general commercial law and contractual matters, with a particular focus on drafting, reviewing, and negotiating SaaS agreements with customers and prospects. While our headquarters are in Glendale, CA, this is a remote role. Candidates located in the Central or Eastern time zone are preferred. ServiceTitan operates on a monthly close cycle, which makes this an ideal position for candidates who love the art of closing the deal.
What You'll Do:
- Draft and negotiate complex SaaS sales agreements with our largest customers and prospects (including related privacy and information security terms)
- Work closely with the sales and deal desk teams, along with professional services, revenue operations, sales operations, and finance/accounting
- Provide legal counsel (and offer practical business advice, as appropriate) related to deal structure, contract drafting and negotiation, risk assessment and management, statutory and regulatory domestic and global issues
- Collaborate with the Associate General Counsel and business leaders on improving contract management, playbooks, workflows, processes, templates and best practices to adapt to our rapidly growing business
- Pitch in as needed on partnerships, joint ventures, marketing, vendors (generally), B2B integration, professional services, and software/intellectual property development and licensing agreements
- Drive continuous improvement, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution
- Mentor junior team members as the opportunity presents itself
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- 6-8 years of experience at top tier law firm and/or in-house at a technology company
- Relevant experience in-house is required
- Experience in negotiating and drafting a variety of commercial agreements, primarily SaaS but including others as noted above
- Experience implementing and/or utilizing CLM software
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams and advising executives
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record of delivering extraordinary results on time
- Technology industry experience, with SaaS experience, preferred
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), current member in good standing of at least one U.S. state bar
- General working knowledge of privacy laws (and related information security requirements)
- Experience implementing/utilizing contract lifecycle management systems is a plus
- To be a proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and balance multiple projects, path-find, and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments, and risk tolerance
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and more.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
ServiceTitan is committed to fair and equitable compensation for all of our employees. We thoughtfully consider a wide range of factors when determining individual compensation. The expected salary range for this role is between $166,000 - $238,000. Actual compensation for an individual may vary depending on skills, performance over time, qualifications, experience, and location. In addition to the base salary, the total compensation package also includes an annual bonus, equity and a holistic suite of benefits.