Regulatory Compliance Engineer
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer is responsible for defining, implementing, and demonstrating continued compliance to a variety of federal, regulatory, and customer standards for a revolutionary high-speed transportation system.
- Evaluate, extract/data mine aviation, rail, OSHA, and international equivalent standards and assess applicability for Hyperloop One.
- Generate requirements at Level 1-3 and levy on subsystems.
- Develop safety specific failure mode scenarios for Hyperloop One.
- Develop design principles with respect to regulatory compliance to continuously review and improve the identification and application of elements of the corrective action process, including problem identification, failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction, recurrent control and verification of effectiveness.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, implement, and manage regulatory compliance accreditations and programs.
- Lead efforts to successfully complete and return customer and regulatory surveys and questionnaires with a focus on data accuracy and on-time completion.
- Support proposal teams from a compliance perspective.
- Experience working in technology development in aerospace or rail industry.
- Must have a track record working in a fast-paced environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively.
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals.
- 7+ years of applicable experience.
- Proven experience in aerospace or rail industry.
- MS and/or PhD in an engineering discipline or a related field.