The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Trade Desk is a dynamic and fast-growing company with a legal team that has tripled in size in the last year. We are looking for someone who loves to analyze complex legal issues, find creative solutions, and effectively negotiate deals. We want collaborators who will help structure deals with his/her business counterparts and, hopefully, contribute some humor to our legal slack channel. Please be able to balance competing demands, work independently, and maintain a positive attitude.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with product, engineering, and business teams to provide counseling and guidance on products, features, and initiatives across multiple jurisdictions;
- Contribute to product release preparation by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to intellectual property, privacy, data rights, data security, and other legal and regulatory issues while balancing business objectives;
- Understand the strategic initiatives, product roadmap and release cycles of product features and functions;
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, contractual requirements, privacy, regulations and industry standards;
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Sales/CS, Marketing, Data and Trust, Policy, Tax and Business Development;
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure satisfaction of business demands;
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- JD degree (or foreign equivalent) and bar admission in good standing in applicable state;
- 8+ years of legal experience from a law firm and in-house;
- Product review experience;
- Expertise in intellectual property, technology transactions, data security, privacy, contract, and commercial law matters in the context of a SAAS business;
- Familiarity with legal issues impacting digital advertising businesses including self-regulation guidelines, privacy issues and legislation, consumer protection, and regulatory regimes;
- Technology savvy and ability to learn The Trade Desk’s platform, technology, and business.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.