We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Coordinator/Legal Assistant in our Santa Monica office. The person in this position will support to the Compliance and Employment function within the company's Business & Legal Affairs Department.
- Draft standard employment contracts, termination agreements and other legal documents
- Create summaries of employment related agreements
- Track and maintain the company's conflicts of interest database
- Draft presentation materials
- Assist with compliance reporting, auditing and document review
- Assist with global roll out of compliance training courses
- Draft charts, memoranda, correspondence and other documents
- Assist with filing of compliance and employment department documents
- Create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis
- Draft and send letters and other routine correspondence
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and good judgment
- Follow up on assignments until completion
- Self-starter, who takes initiative and is resourceful; takes ownership of tasks and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to interact with executive management and stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments; work well under pressure
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Team player
- Excellent typing and computer skills, including advanced Word (including tables and redlining), Excel, PPT, Outlook
- Prior experience working as a paralegal or a law firm preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.