Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world’s most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 20 million times in 190 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we’re ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world’s most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Paralegal @ Headspace:
Headspace is seeking an experienced Paralegal as we build our legal department. In this role, you will draft, negotiate, review and revise business-to-business sales contracts, vendor agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. You will also migrate and manage Headspace’s contract management and archiving system, as well as perform various research tasks and administrative functions on behalf of the Director of Legal Affairs and Associate Corporate Counsel.
The ideal candidate is fluent in the language of commercial contracts and has a keen interest in implementing solutions to optimize the legal function of a content-driven technology company. You have great judgment, are an analytical and detailed thinker, and a skilled communicator. You are a willing team-player, a quick learner, thrive under pressure, and have experience in a fast-paced environment.
Most importantly, you are passionate about the Headspace mission.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Leads legal review and provides education and analysis of business-to-business sales contracts to facilitate a key revenue driver for Headspace.
- Leads legal review and provides education and analysis of vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements to assist Headspace’s various partnerships and operations.
- Collaborates with the Director of Legal Affairs and Associate Corporate Counsel, as well as other teams across the organization, including product, growth, science, and customer service, to provide legal research, analysis, and risk mitigation solutions with respect to a multitude of legal matters.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Significant experience in the review, drafting and revision of sales contracts.
- In-depth understanding of the substantive terms of sales contracts, vendor contracts, and non-disclosure agreements, and a strong ability to convey this understanding with other members of the organization.
- At least 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced law firm or legal department.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to be self-directed and autonomous when necessary.
- Passion for meditation, digital health, and/or wellness. NALA or NFPA certification a plus.
- Experience with data privacy laws and regulations a plus.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.