Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands (with no signs of slowing down) making us one of the top subscription box services in the world! We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate our amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As the Licensing Manager your primary goal is to ensure general use of intellectual property per licensor branding and legal guidelines and compliance and approval for product development, marketing and community assets. You are the gatekeeper of source assets, approved assets, and licensor guidelines of what Loot Crate can and cannot implement. You must track, follow up, and communicate all aspects of guidelines and approvals internally and externally, while maintaining and growing close, professional relationships with partners.
- Maintain and grow professional relationships with all licensors and administer day to day communications between Loot Crate and licensors.
- Collaborate with brand managers to maximize use of existing licenses and align on all brand strategies for new and existing products.
- Coordinate with licensors and direct reports to route franchise updates with internal team leads including (but not limited to) project management, design, product, and marketing.
- Obtain and track key components of licensing deals including term sheets, contracts and milestones of all necessary approvals (product, packaging, and marketing design concepts as well as pre-production samples).
- Support Finance and Strategy teams with quarterly projections and verification of royalty reports
- Support Director and Head of Licensing with new license requests, tracking negotiations, preparing sales tools and expediting contract review.
Ability to handle high volume, quick turn-around projects is essential. Organizational and tracking skills are a must. You should be aware of all crate line’s approval timelines for both product and marketing, and prioritize accordingly.
You will need the ability and knowledge to communicate professionally and efficiently with high-level licensors, while strengthening relationships.
Collaborate with internal creative and operational teams for best practices as pertains to the licensor’s needs. Need to be able to communicate with cross-department personnel.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in entertainment licensing industry.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite as well as project management software including JIRA, Bynder