Licensing Contract Administrator I at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Epic Rights, a division of Bravado/Universal Music Group, is a leading artist services company in the music and entertainment industry, representing many top music artists and providing a broad scope of services, including: concert merchandising, retail and licensing, official e-commerce shops, VIP ticketing, and official fan communities. Epic Rights is headquartered in West Hollywood, California.
We are looking for an experienced Licensing Contract Administrator I to join our team. A successful Licensing Contract Administrator I will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, has previous experience managing contracts, and is familiar with basic legal principles, busy office settings, and the licensing industry.
- Prepare and review licensing-related contracts and documents
- Maintain data within contract databases
- Maintain accurate, complete, and organized system of digital records
- Provide reports on terms, recoupment, etc. to executives and sales team
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met
- Royalty compliance exercises
- Work closely with accounting department to track and communicate reporting delinquencies timely to licensees and legal as appropriate.
- Maintain licensee lists
- Be or become a DSI/DRM systems super-user including: Receivables, Participation Manager, IP & Products, and Companies & Contacts
- Assist with tradeshow preparation and coordination, with possibility of attendance as needed
- Assist supervisors with admin duties, expense reports, and scheduling
- Knowledge of basic legal requirements involved with contracts
- Familiarity with brand licensing and accounting procedures
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely detail-oriented, with an ability to spot errors
- Familiarity with Apple computers and software, and mastery of Word, Excel, and Preview/Adobe
- Self-starter who can work independently with good judgment
- Solid research, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Organizes own work, coordinating projects, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Dedicated team player
- Music industry knowledge a plus
- At least two years proven work experience as a Contract Administrator, Contract Manager, Admin Assistant or relevant role
- College Degree Required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.