Legal Department Administrator at MotorTrend Group
| El Segundo
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (PST) on Monday, August 10, 2020
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, the MotorTrend Group is the largest automotive media company in the world. Launched with MotorTrend’s iconic magazine 70 years ago, the company now has a global reach that includes MotorTrend TV, the MotorTrend streaming service, MotorTrend.com, and Hot Rod magazine, with franchises that include MotorTrend Car of the Year, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers, Best Driver’s Car and dozens more. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Legal Department Administrator (full-time, regular, salaried) will support the administrative and operational functions of the Legal Department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working with the different business divisions to review pitches, term sheets and deals as well as facilitating, coordinating, documenting, and managing a variety of third-party contractual relationships, including master services agreements, licensing agreements, promotion and sponsorship agreements.
- Drafting agreements on standard forms and lead the contract tracking and execution processes throughout the contract lifecycle including document management and filing.
- Manage and update template agreements, deal summaries, and rights management database under counsel supervision.
- Summarize and report material deal terms across all agreements; liaise with internal stakeholders in legal, finance and operations. Coordinate the signature and delivery of legal agreements, collate and track financial information, ensure communication across departments.
- Support Head of Legal on other administrative and clerical tasks such as processing invoices, expenses, scheduling, coordinating travel, mailing, etc.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years managing the workflow and processes with third party contractual relationships
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter with the ability to follow direction and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong Technical Ability and be comfortable in a high-growth environment where you can meaningfully contribute to scaling legal operations
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Suite and other corporate department database software and tools
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
Read Full Job Description