Legal Counsel, Marketing at Honey
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking a lawyer to join its global marketing legal team. The lawyer will partner with the marketing and communications teams across its family of brands (including Venmo and Honey) on cutting edge marketing endeavors.
- advising on campaign strategy;
- reviewing claims and collateral;
- educating business and legal partners on legal requirements for advertising campaigns; and
- working closely with legal colleagues on marketing-related matters, including privacy, product, contract, and regional legal teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of regulations and industry guidelines applicable to mobile, social media, and traditional marketing, including CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TCPA, and the FTC Endorsement and Testimonial Guidelines.
- Skilled at identifying issues, providing risk-based recommendations, and contributing to strategic business conversations in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal business clients from various business functions, and at various levels of seniority.
- Well-organized and capable of managing and prioritizing multiple matters independently under deadline pressure.
- 4+ years of marketing legal experience either at a law firm or in-house, preferably a combination of both, advising marketing professionals on advertising and promotional marketing matters.
- Juris Doctor from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Member in good standing of the California Bar, or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel.
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
San Francisco-Xoom, San Jose
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.