Director of Regulatory Compliance at Aspiration
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:34 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Aspiration is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Officer to join our growing team. This role is both unique and integral to the firm, in its alignment of compliance, investment operations, retail banking and customer service. The Regulatory Compliance Officer will be the primary person responsible at the firm for the review of firm activity as well as registered representative and affiliated person activity under FINRA rules.
What You'll Do
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer by maintaining regulatory compliance due diligence required by FINRA, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, other relevant regulations, and internal policy requirements
- Maintain the Firm’s WebCRD, respond to regulatory information requests and inquiries, document self-reported complaints under FINRA 4530, respond to regulatory complaints, and update registered representative and affiliated persons regulatory filings including associated persons fingerprinting and regulatory disclosures.
- Work closely with internal teams and personnel to thoroughly document and organize outside business activities, outside brokerage accounts, private securities transactions, annual compliance questionnaires, Firm Element CE, and monthly communications.
- Interact with Compliance team, legal team, and colleagues throughout the organization to help resolve potential compliance issues
- Ensure compliance with SEC, FINRA, and other applicable rules and regulations
- Execute industry best practices for monitoring fund and adviser service providers including due diligence and oversight
- Prepare and update regulatory documents, including Form ADV, U4/U5, prospectus, statement of additional information, Form BR, Form BD, and others as needed
- Assist with the 206(4)-7 annual review process
- Assist with the 38(a)-1 annual review process
- Provide advice and guidance to ACE and Operations for regulatory requirements
- Assist with the management of the firm’s compliance training, licensing and registrations
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring reviews
What You'll Bring
- B.A. in finance, economics or related field
- 5+ years experience working in legal or compliance at an investment adviser and/or broker dealer
- 2+ years reviewing and approving advertising/marketing materials concerning FINRA Rules 4530 and 3110.
- Experience working with WebCRD and the FINRA gateway.
- Series 7, 24 and either 63 or 66 licenses
- Strong understanding of the 1940 Investment Company Act
- Strong understanding of banking and investment product
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Interest in FinTech and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Entrepreneurial - you do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do or being confined to normal business hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excel proficiency
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description