Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Sales and Marketing Team’s goal is to capture government and commercial contracts. This role will be specifically responsible for improving our market and competitor intelligence. This role will be the point person capturing new government business—it is a high impact and high profile role that is critical to our company’s growth.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
This position leads business development strategic growth efforts by building multi-year pipelines and developing winning capture strategies.
- Develop and grow the key relationships across the US government small launch enterprise including DoD (US Air Force, US Space Force, DARPA, NRO Space Development Agency, etc) and NASA.
- Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to shape emerging opportunities.
- Develop capture plans for each identified opportunity.
- Obtain competitive intelligence and data pertaining to targeted pursuits and lead competitive assessments.
- Oversee active proposals to ensure they align with company goals and maximize our chances of capture.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies that include:
- Engagement plans for current and future customers
- Setting of financial targets for specific customers
- Advocate resource planning needs to support growth goals vs. ongoing current contract performance
- Demonstrated success in capturing existing government opportunities
- Demonstrated success in creating new government opportunities
- Demonstrated successful relationships with senior level customer officials and program stakeholders within the government
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitors
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years of government business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.