Director of Government Business Development at Relativity Space (Greater LA Area, CA)
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Business Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for acquiring our industry-leading customers and for managing our customer agreements through completion. This team constantly works to identify new business opportunities for Relativity. Unique to Relativity’s fast-paced startup environment, this team is given the opportunity to work across many teams to help grow and champion Relativity’s mission and vision, as we work towards building humanity’s multiplanetary future!
This role will be specifically responsible for improving our market and competitor intelligence. This role will be the point person capturing new government business—it is a high impact and high profile role that is critical to our company’s growth.
The role can be based out of either Long Beach, CA or Washington DC.
What you’ll do:
This position leads business development strategic growth efforts by building multi-year pipelines and developing winning capture strategies.
- Develop and grow the key relationships across the US government small launch enterprise including DoD (US Air Force, US Space Force, DARPA, NRO Space Development Agency, etc) and NASA.
- Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to shape emerging opportunities.
- Develop capture plans for each identified opportunity.
- Obtain competitive intelligence and data pertaining to targeted pursuits and lead competitive assessments.
- Oversee active proposals to ensure they align with company goals and maximize our chances of capture.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies that include:
- Engagement plans for current and future customers
- Setting of financial targets for specific customers
- Advocate resource planning needs to support growth goals vs. ongoing current contract performance
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrated success in capturing existing government opportunities
- Demonstrated success in creating new government opportunities
- Demonstrated successful relationships with senior level customer officials and program stakeholders within the government
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitors
What you need to know:
- At least 5 years of government business development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.