About Spring Labs:
We’re reinventing the model for data ownership and changing how information is exchanged by creating the Spring Protocol — a blockchain-based protocol that enables competitively-sensitive parties to exchange information directly, and in a fundamentally new way.
We’re a Series A company who has raised more than $38m in funding from some of the top VCs in the world, including August Capital, General Motors Ventures, RRE, Pritzker Group, Jump Capital, Galaxy Digital, Multicoin Capital, and Wavemaker Genesis.
The first use cases for the Spring Protocol are focused on building a more secure and cost-effective financial services solution for credit and identity data, effectively disrupting the existing bureau system used today. To date, we’ve signed partnerships with more than 25 of the world’s leading fintechs and financial institutions. (You can read more about these partnerships by clicking here and here.)
We're a rapidly growing team of 35 entrepreneurs from backgrounds such as Snap, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Goldman Sachs, the NSA, Avant, Harvard, Deloitte, HSBC, and more, and if you're someone who wants to work at the bleeding edge of nascent technology, push yourself and collaborate with a resourceful and highly-motivated team, and strive to build a more secure, open, and transparent world of data sharing, then we would love to hear from you!
About the Governance, Risk and Compliance Director Role:
The Director of Compliance & Governance will be in charge of establishing and overseeing compliance policies and procedures for critical aspects of the Spring Labs network (“Spring Network”), including implementation of risk-appropriate transaction monitoring, testing, and controls, as well as establishing uniform due diligence frameworks for on-boarding of financial institutions as participants on the Spring network (“Spring Partners”). This person will report to Chief Operating Officer, and will work closely with General Counsel and Chief Information Security Officer to analyze any applicable regulatory, security, or operational requirements. This person will be the senior point of contact for Spring Partners with respect to due diligence requests and processes. The perfect candidate has a strong background in setting up controls and procedures in the financial services industry, is interested in new technologies and quickly-scaling environments, and is able to collaborate with other departments and customers to achieve results.
- Work with other members of senior management to ascertain areas of risk
- Conduct gap analysis between existing policies and procedures and implement additional processes and controls as necessary
- Design appropriate monitoring and testing roadmap and oversee implementation and ongoing compliance
- Be responsible for overseeing due diligence processes between the company and Spring Partners
- Be responsible for due diligence oversight of third-party vendors
- 5-7+ years of experience in compliance at a financial institution or a company that focuses on providing services to financial institutions
- Deep familiarity with at least some of the following: financial data privacy and security regulations (such as GLBA and CCPA), regulations applicable to consumer financial information (such as Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”)), BSA/AML, SOC & UDAAP
- Experience with establishing policies, procedures and controls, conducting risk assessments and familiarity with third-party due diligence oversight
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with other teams to establish necessary procedures and controls
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Qualifications (Preferred, Not Required)
- Experience establishing controls and processes in a quickly-growing company (for example, at a “FinTech” company)
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans (BC/DR) and SOC Audit Reports
- Masters degree or J.D. or certification in Compliance
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.