Regulation of Virgin Hyperloop One Systems and Services is a currently undefined area. Hyperloop will share many features and technical systems with existing transport technologies; however, at this time, how these will be certified and what authority will act to regulate hyperloops is a developing area where the Director-Certification and Regulatory Affairs will step in.
Reporting to the Global Director for Safety and Regulatory Compliance, the Director of Hyperloop Certification and Regulatory Affairs will act as the focus for all Virgin Hyperloop One’s activity in this area. Working closely with Safety Engineering and Quality Assurance, they will establish the approach and structure to certification of hyperloop systems, aligning this with the developing regulatory framework.
The candidate in this role must come with significant experience within the transportation industry and have in-depth expertise in standards for safety and risk. The Director-Certification and Regulatory Affairs will also understand the importance of effectively building and maintaining relationships, both internally and externally, while developing our core regulatory framework, systems and processes.
The candidate will also possess superior planning and communication skills as this position will be vital in ensuring we have robust and detailed plans and are able to communicate these effectively to our stakeholders.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain relationships with National Authorities and Agencies across all countries where hyperloops are being developed
- Represent Virgin Hyperloop One at domestic and international regulatory working groups
- Manage the development of progressive certification plans for hyperloop systems, services, and specific hyperloop routes
- Manage the selection, acceptance, and application guidance of engineering standards for hyperloop development and operation
- Develop Virgin Hyperloop One’s understanding of the emerging Regulatory Framework
- Develop guidelines for the development, operations and maintenance phases for hyperloop
- Contribute to the development of proposed Safety and Quality Management Systems for hyperloop operating Companies
- Act as a focal point for advice in the assurance and certification of safety critical control systems
- Develop both internal and external discussion documents and publications on hyperloop safety, standardization and regulation
- Extensive experience in safe systems of work, certification and regulatory, with a preference in the transportation industry (rail, aviation etc.)
- Recognized expert or leader in the field of safety and/or regulation
- Experienced in the development of project plans and execution of those plans in a regulated environment
- Experienced in the development and application of standards and regulation
- Experienced in the development or application of complex regulatory frameworks
- Experienced in the management and governance of transport systems
- Experienced in the delivery of internal and external communications and presentations.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.