Director- Certification and Regulatory Affairs
Greater LA Area
Regulation of Virgin Hyperloop One Systems and Services is a currently undefined area. Hyperloop will share many features and technical systems with existing transport technologies; however, at this time, how these will be certified and what authority will act to regulate hyperloops is a developing area where the Director-Certification and Regulatory Affairs will step in.
The Director of Hyperloop Certification and Regulatory Affairs will act as the focus for all Virgin Hyperloop One’s activity in this area. Working closely with Safety Engineering and Quality Assurance, they will establish the approach and structure to certification of hyperloop systems, aligning this with the developing regulatory framework.
The candidate in this role must come with significant experience within the railway industry and have in-depth expertise in standards for safety and risk. The Director-Certification and Regulatory Affairs will also understand the importance of effectively building and maintaining relationships while developing our core regulatory framework.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain relationships with National Authorities and Agencies across all countries where hyperloops are being developed
- Represent Virgin Hyperloop One at international regulatory working groups
- Manage the development of progressive certification plans for hyperloop systems, services, and specific hyperloop routes
- Manage the selection, acceptance, and application guidance of engineering standards for hyperloop development and operation
- Develop Virgin Hyperloop One’s understanding of the emerging Regulatory Framework
- Develop guidelines for the regulation of hyperloops in Operation
- Contribute to the development of proposed Safety Management Systems for hyperloop operating Companies
- Act as a focus for advice in the assurance and certification of safety critical control systems
- Develop both internal and external discussion documents and publications on hyperloop safety, standardization and regulation
- Extensive experience in regulation, certification and legal oversight across a number of industries
- Recognized expert or leader in the field of safety and/or regulation
- Experienced in the development and application of standards and regulation
- Experienced in the development or application of complex regulatory frameworks
- Experienced in the management and governance of transport systems
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description