Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Counsel to join the Legal Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
The successful candidate for this Counsel position will primarily support the company's privacy and data security needs across product, engineering, communications and customer experience constituencies. Our internal legal team is lean and nimble and the expectation is that the right candidate would also contribute to other areas of need, including drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and assisting our marketing team with their efforts to help grow our business.
What You'll Do:
As a Counsel at Honey, you will:
- Manage the legal function's contributions to policies and programs related to data privacy and security
- Proactively identify issues and work with outside counsel and internal team members to resolve those issues
- Provide contract review support for internal teams focusing on product and marketing initiatives
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary - and as you identify - in support of Honey's growth efforts
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience, principally focused on privacy matters; a background working with consumer-facing web- or app-based product companies is strongly preferred
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial contracts (preferably those that relate to marketing and technology transactions)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intrigued by the chance to work with folks who like solving hard problems in an efficient manner
- Laser-like attention to detail
- Friendly and personable (experience working in-house while serving internal constituencies is preferred)
- You can be a lawyer's lawyer when needed, but you know when to put away the feathered pen
- Excited to take ownership over projects and see them through to their conclusion with minimal oversight
- Strong computer skills
- Law degree from a top-tier, accredited law school and CA bar membership (or ability to become a member)
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.