Counsel, Commercial Contracts at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Counsel - Commercial Contracts to join the Legal Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Team:
As a member of the Legal team, you will be reporting to a Senior Counsel and you will work closely with and provide commercial contract guidance to business teams leading the company’s operations, growth, and product efforts. You will also interact when needed with outside counsel and will help the Legal team run in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
About The Role:
The successful candidate for this Counsel position will primarily support the company's legal needs with respect to reviewing technology vendor and supplier agreements. Our expectation is that the candidate would provide guidance to our internal team, could represent our team in its interactions with external parties when appropriate, would prepare and revise draft agreements related to business needs and provide guidance to additional constituencies (including data privacy, accounting, tax and marketing) across the organization as it relates to the product.
What You’ll Do:
As a Counsel at Honey, you will:
- Work with outside counsel and internal constituencies to prepare and revise agreements, documents and processes related to the company's operations and growth
- Proactively identify legal and compliance issues and work with outside counsel and internal team members to resolve those issues
- Provide contract review support for internal teams focusing on product initiatives
- Refine/develop processes related to contract storage and retention
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be deemed necessary - and as you identify - in support of Honey's growth efforts
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, principally focused on ongoing review of commercial contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intrigued by the chance to work with folks who like solving hard problems in an efficient manner
- Laser-like attention to detail
- Friendly and personable
- You can be a lawyer's lawyer when needed, but you know when to put away the feathered pen
- Excited to take ownership over projects and see them through to their conclusion with minimal oversight
- Strong computer skills
- Law degree from an accredited law school and CA bar membership (or ability to become a member)
- Prior experience as in-house counsel in the tech sector
- Demonstrated thought leadership in and passion for efficiency in contract review and storage processes
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.